Broward College – Fort Lauderdale, Florida : Associate Director, Avionics Program
Job Profile Summary
Under limited supervision, this position is responsible for all aspects of successful implementation of the associate of science degree in avionics and the technical certificate in avionics. Works closely with other college professionals, employers, and industry organizations with the goal of increasing student completions in the program. Implements strategies to promote participation and retention with specific focus on educational and career planning and institutional effectiveness goals and outcomes. Additionally, this position will ensure quality standards for curriculum development and delivery are met while overseeing all compliance requirements. Performs related duties as assigned.
Availability for evening and/or weekend work as necessary.
- Master’s degree in related field from a regionally accredited institution required. An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
- Four years of classroom instruction, academic and/or professional expertise in Avionics.
- Experience in aerospace industry with project/program management focus in Avionics and FAA and/or foreign CAA STC development and certification projects strongly preferred.
- Daily -20%: Manages all aspects of Avionics degree and certification program ensuring that all standards are met; collaborates with administration, faculty and staff for successful recruitment and enrollment activities, marketing initiatives, student engagement activities, advisement, and retention strategies.
- Daily -20% Works with Facilities Project Management and Maintenance to construct a new 15,000 sf hangar and rehabilitation of current avionics classroom. Oversees contracted service vendors for construction activities and related program equipment ensuring compliance with contract provisions.
- Other, as Needed -10%: Coordinates and delivers informational sessions and activities between Broward College and community partnering agencies. Prepares and develops customized training for corporate clients.
- Monthly -5%: Manages Avionics Advisory committee.
- Other, as Needed 5%: Works with Pathway Dean and Associate Dean on updates to curriculum and technical procedures as required.
- Daily -10%: Ensures provision of adequate/appropriate academic support and educational development opportunities with community partners. Serves as an industry liaison for partnering organization as well serves on task force and college-wide committees as appropriate.
- Other, as Needed - 5%: Prepares and submits necessary data reports for annual program review, state, and program proposals. Reviews and evaluates the effectiveness of the program and makes recommendations.
- Annually -10%: Monitors and maintains budget for equipment necessary to support the program, including replacement of existing equipment.
- Other, as Needed - 10%: Attends related conferences, meetings, and professional development opportunities.
- Other, as Needed -5%: Performs related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of project/program management theory, concepts and principles.
- Knowledge of FAA STC certification process and relevant FAR’s, AC’s and other FAA guidance related to the certification of Avionics.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of constituents both verbally and in writing.
- High ethical standards and a demonstrated ability to build strong credibility with, interact with and influence a wide range of individuals and constituents.
- In-depth functional knowledge and expertise in area of specialization and general knowledge of related areas in the College
- Ability to perform complex administrative analysis with only general supervision
- Strong diagnostic, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to plan and manage own work flow, priorities and results accomplishment
- Requires the ability to present and disseminate data to various levels
- Requires advanced knowledge of computerized systems and operating environments i.e. Microsoft Office Products and specialized computer systems
- Ability to interact and effectively communicate with a diverse employee and student population
Diversity and Inclusion
Works effectively with all individuals and contributes to a positive environment by working with a diverse population of students, faculty, staff and external constituents. Contributes to an inclusive, respectful, and empowering working environment that welcomes diverse perspectives
Respect for Others
Demonstrates respect for team members and constituents by valuing their contributions toward the goals of the work unit and the College. Maintains professionalism and contributes to a cohesive work environment
Cooperates and collaborates with individuals & groups that supports the mission and values of the College
Flexibility & Adaptability
Adapts approaches as situations in the work environment changes. Supports change based on the environmental needs, emerging technologies, and system upgrades
Effectively applies concepts, theories, methods, tools, techniques, and expertise in area of discipline (i.e. HR, Finance, Student Affairs, etc.)
Continuous Improvement & Learning
Actively develops one's own skills and explores opportunities for personal learning and continuous development within the job's functionality and in support of the goals and mission of department, division and the College
Associate Director, Avionics Program
Full time Regular
$49,600 - $74,400 - Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Posting End Date
Open Until Filled
To be considered for this position, a completed online employment application along with a resume is required.